Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ties

I was in the big apple yesterday. I was there for a nice event in the evening. I decided I buy a new tie and walked into the men's clothing section at Bergdorf Goodman.

Once again I got a confirmation of why this country is in the economic sewer. GREED!

The tie section was festooned with hundreds of colorful neck ware. I looked at one tie that caught my eye and turned it over to see the price.

$195.00!!!!!!!

I was shocked. There were no gems on the tie. The stitching was not done with gold thread. It wasn't silk from a rare worm in Asia. It was a cloth tie that probably used less than a half yard of material made by cheap labor somewhere.

$195.00! Are they crazy? And that was before applicable New York City and state taxes.

No tie is worth that kind of an outrageous price.

I walked out and will never shop Bergdorf's again.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation