Monday, November 28, 2011

Emerson's Essay

I hope everybody had a happy Thanksgiving. I did with family and grand children.

Here is something a few of you might be interested in getting. I recently recorded an essay written by Ralph Waldo Emerson. It was part of his lecture series in the late 1800’s. It’s called, The Uses of Great Men.”

Emerson uses the word “men” in this case to refer to all of humankind.

His text is convoluted and a bit foreign to our modern declarative ear, but it has always been one of my favorite essays of Emerson.

My friend, Brett Barry of Silver Hollow Audio did the recording and is offering it on his commercial website, www.silverhollowaudio.com. It will cost you about three bucks to download. It runs about 49-minutes.

I had fun doing it. If you get it please let me know what you think. Not of me reading it, although you may do so if you choose, but of what Emerson is saying.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation