Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Supreme Court Justice Debate

So I took yesterday off!  I wish I hadn’t! The rancor created by the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia is wrong. Let us honor the man who served America and his principles with grace and conviction first. Then let the constitutional process begin.

Through the years I have voted Republican, and I have voted Democrat, but now the contention and constitutional obstruction created, once again, by the Republican majority in this Congress diminishes the efficacy of our Constitution. Mr. McConnell you cannot change the rules. Unfortunately, you have the position to obstruct, but not the authority.

The President has the right to appoint a person to replace Justice Scalia as required by our constitution. The Senate has the responsibility to adjudicate the qualifications of the appointment. The Senate does not have the right to obstruct the Presidential responsibility and demand that an appointment nomination waits until after the election.

I am so frustrated with this election year; I could scream and frankly I know where I am going to place the blame.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation