Monday, October 12, 2015

Sunset thoughts

I watched the sun go down last night. It reflected its waning and warming light through the amber color of fall’s leaves and I thought of a line from poet e.e. cummings.

e.e. cummings once wrote: “I thank thee God for most of this amazing day, for the leafy greenly spirits of trees and the true blue dream of sky, and for everything that is infinite, which is natural, which is yes.”

Without checking, I think I have the cummings quote accurate, or at least close to accurate.

I think what cummings meant by “yes” is that the realization of life is exactly as it should be.

Spiritually we create who and what we are by our choices and actions and when the finite consciousness of our mortal being eventually realizes that truth, we begin to understand the minute complexities of daily living where we actually create the consequences by our choices. In one line the synthesis is: “we are what we create.”

I expect that is a tough concept for any number of people to accept. That’s OK, it doesn’t make me right or another wrong. It is only a personal realization that may someday become a commonplace belief. At the moment, it works for me and enhances the beauty of last night’s sunset.


No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation