Thursday, October 15, 2015

Senator John McCain

I respect Senator McCain for his service to his country during the Vietnam War. I respect his courage and bravery as a POW in North Vietnam.

I respect his long political service to America as a dedicated Senator serving the needs of the people of Arizona.

I think he was ill-advised or just plain stupid to choose Sarah Palin as his running mate in seeking the Presidency.

I think he was grossly irresponsible to comment on the military trial of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl. As the New York Times Editorial Board stated: “heading the Senate Armed Services Committee does not give John McCain the right to decide whether Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl should be sent to jail.”

Military justice is slightly different from civilian courts, but a prime tenant of our form of Democracy still applies. Innocent until proven guilty as determined by a jury of one’s peers.


Senator McCain maybe its time to retire.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation