Thursday, September 18, 2014

The United States Post Office

I have a USPO rant today. I live in a rural area relatively near a tiny post office so I don’t get rural delivery. I must go to the post office and pick up my mail from a box number.

That’s fine and I have been doing it for many years.

Lately the Postal administration has been making cost savings measures. In our post office they are cutting the office hours so over the country postal transactions are available about 80% of the usual times.

Usually, most of us who have Box numbers will go in, have a pleasant conversation with the Post Master or an employee, open our mail box with a key and go on our way. Sometimes we forget our keys and the postal worker behind the country will get our mail from the box.

Not so anymore!

The Postal Authority has issued a notice that because of curtailed hours no mail can be retrieved from a postal box. It seems that getting the mail from the box takes too much time from the other work of the USPO.

I was told that I could buy a new key if I forget mine. Buy another key? Good grief!

No wonder the Post Office is in trouble. Rain and sleet and snow and gloom of night are no problem, but taking the time to walk a few feet to get the mail is too much.


This is another idiotic rule from our government. It must be retired Congressman running the Postal Service.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation