Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Mr. President

Dear Mr. President,

I read where you said you might go it alone against ISIS. I want you to know that I voted for you the first time because I thought it was time that race should not matter on who leads our country.

I voted for you the second time because I was angry at the republican partisan bulwark that you had to endure to get any of your programs even considered by a prejudice Senate majority.

Now, I want you to know that your statement to maybe go it alone when the lives and treasure of America is in the breech is ill advised. It is constitutionally indefenceable. I need not remind you that our republic embraces democracy for a reason. Singular executive action is not what our forefathers envisioned for our future. It is time for America to stop being the enforcers of action by executive privilege. It is time for you and Congress to sit down and reason together.


I agree ISIS must be stopped, but it must be stopped with a global coalition and a bipartisan focus at home.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation