Thursday, September 4, 2014

Reminders

One of things about getting old is that you realize that you are.

Little things remind you.

When I was a teenager I would read our local newspaper each day. It wasn’t a large paper. The city was only 12-thousand in population.

One of the columns that I found interesting was something like this day in history. The column would have events in history that happened on that date. The editors would go back ten, twenty and fifty years.  For the history of most dates, I would have no recollection unless an older relative related some family story that related to the event.

Today I read similar columns either in the paper or on-line. Going back fifty years now for some past event and I’m familiar with them and may have even covered the story as a young journalist.

What seemed so long ago when reading events in history when I was a teenager is now, as a senior citizen, seemingly just yesterday.


I have enough physical reminders without reading this day in history.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation