Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Noah

I watched the movie Noah the other day. I thought it would be an interesting adaptation of the biblical story, but I was wrong.

The writers and directors got the main theme right. God said there was going to be a flood; Noah listened and built an ark albeit with the help of some mystical fictitious rock people who used to be angels. All the animals came and Noah put them to sleep. Yeah right!

I thought the movie was terrible, not because I’m a stickler for bible accuracy, but because they threw in a lot of extraneous plots, conflicts and violence.

The way I figure it, is that if the original bible writers put in as much fiction in their story of Noah as the movie Noah did then we’ve been duped with fiction since ancient times.


Now where did I put that DVD of Bambi?

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation