Monday, September 8, 2014

Derek Jeter

Yesterday was a day of honoring a Yankee hero. The Yankee organization honored Derek Jeter at the stadium in New York. The great heroes of the Yankee’s past, as well as the fans of today, attended a full stadium to honor the retiring Jeter.

We need heroes! The elderly need them to validate their belief in their adulation of super athletes. The young need heroes for someone to emulate in their youthful quest of maybe and even hopeful professional participation.


I watched the ceremony at the beginning of the Yankee, Kansas City game. As a kid I was anti-Yankee, but since my wife is an avid Yankee fan I’ve watch more than an occasional game and thus I am a reluctant fan. In so many ways you have to be a Jeter fan. That kind of excellence needs appreciation.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation