Friday, July 12, 2013

Not Guilty?


A thing I don’t understand. Actually there are many things I don’t understand, but this is just one of them.

I do know that in this country when accused of a crime you are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Dzhokar Tsarnaev shuffled into a Boston courtroom the other day and pleaded not guilty to 30 charges relating to his alleged participation in the Boston marathon bombing.

When it is so obvious that one is involved in a crime, why do we go through the ritual of pleading not guilty and a lengthy and costly court trial?

I’m fairly certain I know the answer and it deals with constitutional rights, but I'd like a legal mind to explain it more fully to me.

The same question applies to the man who allegedly held three women captive in his Cleveland home for nearly a decade. He pleaded not guilty too.

Anyone?

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation