Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Profound Thoughts

My neighbor Keith posted a profound point on his face book page the other day and I'd like to share it with you.

Charlie Sheen is all over the news because he’s a celebrity drug addict, while Andrew Wilfahrt 31, Brian Tabada 21, Rudolph Hizon 22, Chauncy Mays 25, are soldiers who gave their lives this week with no media mention.



America's news media priorities have gone awry. America's viewers, you and me, need to be far more discriminating in what we tolerate as news from our news organizations. Let them. Some will listen.

Also:

  1. Click here to write your Senators and tell them to save federal funding for public broadcasting!http://capwiz.com/170ma/issues/alert/?alertid=26970501&type=CO
  1. Find your Senators through the following link:http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
  1. Please call them at 202.224.3121 and ask him or her:
WHAT IS YOUR POSITION ON ‘ZEROING OUT’ THE BUDGET FOR PUBLIC MEDIA? I am a constituent who highly values the programming and services that my local public television and radio stations provide me, my family and my community. I strongly urge you to stand up for public broadcasting and oppose defunding public media. Please vote against the House Continuing Resolution (H.R. 1) to eliminate federal funding for public broadcasting.
Federal funding is critical for public broadcasting, allowing local public radio and television stations to provide educational services, in-depth news and public affairs programming, and world-class cultural content. Without the investment of this funding, many public radio and television stations across the country will be forced to go off the air.


No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation