Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mountain Magic

I skied again yesterday and my muscles are telling me to take up knitting.

I remember my Grandmother saying, “knit one and pearl two,” whatever that means. Today I am pearling two and resting the Sartorius and Rectus Femoris and I am favoring the Gastronemius.

The rest of my bodies muscle groups seems to be content with a vodka gimlet.

I have mentioned the grace of silence that skiing engenders to those who take the time to listen. But there is another endemic element of the Rocky Mountains that one also feels. Power!

Standing on the summit one can feel the internal force and the magnitude of the mountain’s Being. It has an energy that permeates the soul and reinforces the grandeur of life.

Perhaps that’s why  smiles are part of skiing.


 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation