Monday, July 12, 2010

Noise

Noise! You know the kind that spills onto your sanity and disturbs your inner peace because it grates upon the divine din of the Universe.

The world today is filled with noise. It used to be filled with melody and music, with harmony and tonal pleasantries, and with the profound presence of quiet, but now it's unfiltered and unadulterated noise of shouts, argument, discords, and the scratch and screeches of contentious life.

I’m not sure how noise usurped the thing we once called “peace of mind,” but it did and we suffer its loss with every fleeting moment of quiet that reminds us of our natural state.

Every once in awhile I get to re-experience the calm that comes from quiet. Meditation often leads to that experience. It is a wonderful calming balm that holds me in a moment of peace.

I know there is more, I just have to stay quiet long enough to get there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you speak up a little? I'm losing my hearing these days, not sure why... ;-) How's you? How's the weather? Love to you and yours. S

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation