Monday, July 26, 2010

Along The Road


We often forget just how fortunate we are in our ability to see beauty everywhere.

The other day I was stopped at a crossroads waiting to pull out onto another road. I had the window of the car open. I looked down at the side of the road and there festooning the dusty dirt and grim that edges the side of all roads was a collection of Queen Anne’s Lace and the blue blossoms of wild Bachelor Buttons. It was beautiful. Then as I drove on the country road for a few miles to my destination I noticed hundreds these two flowering plants gilding my way. What a treat.

Along the Road

© 2010 Rolland G. Smith

Bachelor buttons and Queen Anne’s Lace

Astride the ways to every place.

Crocheted in white the doily blooms

Beside the lanky Bachelor Plumes.

Both thrive where few would like to be

Along the road for all to see.

A gift of grace for passers by.

Their whites and blues reflect the sky.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation