Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Who Are We?

Oh no! Say it ain’t so! I read that Millennials are set to outnumber Baby Boomers.

Apparently 75-million millennials is the magical number that will be reached this year. Millennials are the youngsters coming of age who were born between 1981 and 1987.

The millennials will overtake the baby boomers, the souls born between 1946 and 1964.

What the heck do they call all those born between 1964 and 1981? Do they call them “Boomnials?”

What do they call my generation? Oh! I got it! OLD! That’s OK, I am in some respects, “old,” but that doesn’t make any of us in that category “useless.”

Does that make my parents, members of the “greatest generation” ancient? I doubt it, but it does beg the question.

In so many ways, I am tired of labels. We are all human beings no matter what our ages. We all love, we cry, we work, we die and if we are lucky we retire for a few years of wondering where did the time go.


I’d like my generation to be called, the “Grand Ones.” That works for me.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation