Monday, January 26, 2015

Restaurant Observations

I was at a restaurant last night and, as usual, became the observer of other patrons.

I watched a Father and a son dining along and not really having any communication. The Father was on his cell phone either surfing the net or texting and the kid was eating.

I was surprised since usually this scenario is the other way around. The kids are texting on the cell and the parent preoccupied with staring off in the distance or in conversation with other adults.

I thought the kid was more adult than the adult.

I wonder when parents of all ages will realize that a dialogue with other generations increases agreement, understanding and cooperation.

The key is dialogue, listening and sharing feelings.


No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation