Wednesday, January 25, 2012

State of the Union

As I write this post I'm listening to President Obama's State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress.

I listened to a number of good ideas from the President that any American would and should embrace with compromise, yet I see little or no reaction from the republicans in applause or facial acknowledgements.

It is another reason why I am angry and frustrated with contentious members of congress who care only for their party to win the next presidential election rather than solving our serious problems and building a new America.

I also acknowledge that Democrats in their myopic view of sustaining power also share responsiblity for the current situation we are in. What does that tell us?

We need to work together, not for the benefit of individual party platforms, but for the greater good of America.

I have listened to state of the union addresses from Presidents since JFK. Some of the issues have stayed the same. Jobs, housing, the economy, taxes, health care, and social security. I don't know if any of those issues will ever be resolved, I hope so, but congress needs to try; partisan passions, if they continue, will stop any compromise and that needs to STOP.

Having ranted and raved, my friends, I still personally choose to move from within my spirit and know that all is as it should be and we, collectively, create our world as it is and we are responsibility for its condition.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation