Friday, October 14, 2011

Vic Miles


Many years ago I was interviewing the great writer director, producer Garson Kanin and his wife actress Ruth Gordon.

At one point in the interview I asked, “What is the hardest thing about growing older?”
In unison, they said, “loosing your friends.”

I did not understand the profundity of their truth at the time for I was younger and not thinking about those things.

I am today.

A fine gentleman, a dignified and diligent journalist, a colleague and a co-anchor of mine for a few years on WCBS-TV in New York, Vic Miles died Wednesday.

I don’t know the details of his passing, but I do know the eternal light is now brighter for his presence and persona now graces another world.

Requiescat in pace my friend. There are many still here, in this density, who remember your courtesies and your earthly talents in the vineyard of journalism and friendship.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation