Monday, January 18, 2016

Burkina Faso

I’ve listened for the past several days to the reports of the tragedy in Burkina Faso. Again the perpetrators are the maniacal misfits of the world who assuage their hate by killing innocent civilians. 18 nationalities are among the 29 dead.

I have a lot of trouble with the spiritual structure of the world that allows for this diabolical slaughter. I will have to leave it for the All That Is to know the reason for the carnage.

In the meantime, as I listened to the various reports on radio and television, all I heard was that there was an attack in Burkina Faso. That's a country, not a specific place. Very few mentioned where the attack took place. It was the capitol of the African country.

Its name is Ouagadougou. You say it this way.

Wah/gah/doo/goo. The “O” in the Oua is not pronounced.

I just wonder why in the reports that I first heard on both the radio networks and on NPR, I did not hear the name as the specific location.

Things have changed since I was in the broadcasting business.

Nit picking, I know! But still….


No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation