Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Golf needs a new rule

Golf used to be a gentlemen’s game and certainly a ladies game, but for this post I’m talking about the guys.

I watched the Waste Management tournament over the weekend and noticed several of the golfers spitting both on the fairway and on the green.

Unfortunately these young pros have picked up the bad habit from major league baseball. 

Spitting there is epidemic and disgusting. I’ve ranted about this before I will continue to do so. It’s crude, crass and unsanitary.

The same goes for golfers, especially on the greens. I would hope the PGA would bring this to the professional golfers attention and make a new rule that spitting on the green would be a one-stroke penalty.


Just watch how quickly that habit would cease.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation