Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Old Movies

I watched part of an old western movie last night made in 1969 starring Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson. It was calld The Station, I think.  I picked it up in the early beginning and was never really able to catch the plot accept there was a whole lot of stareing at each other. Jason Robards was also in it.

It was classic western. A train, shooting each other, women, horses, weird music and gunfights.

We don't see too many westerns these days. I guess we've outgrown the genre for today's audiences. Now we make zombie, science fiction, cartoon and action dramas with lots of visual effects for public consumption. In those days they didn't have that many visual effects. It was a simple time.

It was a lot like the early west itself.

I don't know why I think I miss it. I never lived there. Or maybe I did.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation