Thursday, October 23, 2014

Missing Courtesies

I don’t know if this happens in other countries, but here in America when you are driving at night and another car approaches drivers are supposed to dim their lights.

I said supposed to dim their lights. What I’ve noticed lately is that most drivers wait until they see your on-coming bright lights before they dim the lights.

My process is to dim my lights whenever I see a reflection of light or even a hit of light either rounding a curve or off in the distance depending on the road.

I guess it’s a lot like other things. Being discourteous in America seems to be the norm these days. It shouldn’t be, but it is.

Just look at pulling into heavy traffic on a busy highway. How many drivers will let you in? Look at seating on the train or subway or bus, people packages or brief cases are on an open seat and few will move them knowing someone has to sit there. Most are just hoping that you don’t ask to sit at their seat.

Whatever happened to a gentleman giving up his seat for a lady?


No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation