Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Poetry Month - Ojo Caliente

It is poetry month and so I will comply.

A couple of years ago I spent some time at Ojo Caliente in New Mexico. It’s a resort of hot springs, fine accommodations and good food. Soaking in a hot spring one afternoon, this poetic inspiration arrived.



Ojo Caliente
©2010 Rolland G. Smith

Earth's water rises from within
Releasing places that we’ve been;
Relaxing body, mind and soul
So once again the spirit’s whole.



Old mineral springs both hot and cool,
Emerge and flow to gentle pools
Creating balance ‘tween all things
For water’s sound lets nature sing.



The Posi Pueblo is nearby
Though gone and crumbled to the eye,
Yet ancient spirits roam the land
Anointing with the sacred sand.



I know there are the ancients here,
The kind that humans do not fear.
I sense their wisdom in this place
That benefits the human race.

When I am gone from here and earth
I’ll roam this land in spirit’s birth.
If mortal life returns to me,

Return I will on bended knee.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation