Friday, April 4, 2014

Spring Thoughts

Spring thoughts
©2014 Rolland G. Smith

It’s Friday once again, you know.
Where weary workers choose to show
Four days of sweat and toiled tasks
Relaxing in night's freedom masks.

To bars and movies some will go
And others choose a Broadway show.
And some of you will find a chair
To toss your worries in the air.

If you’re retired, things do change.
Priorities may now seem strange
To those who need to work and toil
When all we need is new topsoil.

For me I know what I must do
What all retirees find true.
Old autumn leaves need to be raked
And vines and flowers must be staked.

There’re mowers, seeds and rows to start
Along with plants to set apart.
Some trims need paint and other’s nails
To keep a look for household sales.

I often think to let it go
But when it’s nice, I do not know.
A house is more than something owned
It is a home of love enthroned.

Where would we go if we left here
The South or West? Not North I fear.
The East would put us in the sea
And then we surely would not be.

So let me talk 'bout warming spring
Where flowers bud and songbirds sing.
I love the fact it's Friday too
And Winter's cold I've bid adieu.






No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation