Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Rumi

Poetry, obviously, is not just a personal expression and experience of my poetic nature. It is also the appreciation of the warmth and grace of other poets.

One of my favorites is Rumi.

"What Was Said To The Rose
Rumi

What was said to the rose that made it open
was said to me here in my chest.
What was told the Cypress that made it strong
and straight, what was
whispered to the jasmine so it is what it is, whatever made
sugarcane sweet, whatever
was said to the inhabitants of the town of Chigil in
Turkestan that makes them
so handsome, whatever lets the pomegranate flower blush
like a human face, that is
being said to me now. I blush. Whatever put eloquence in
language, that's happening here.
The great warehouse doors open; I fill with gratitude,
chewing a piece of sugarcane,
in love with the one to whom every that belongs!"

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation