Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Passages


I guess I ought to consider myself lucky or fortunate or blessed from the other contemporaries of my time.

I’ve been reading about friends and celebrities who have made the journey through the tunnel of light.

It’s not that I feel my time is at its end. It is that when we get into our sixth and seventh and even into our eighth decade, we are more likely to have chosen somewhere in those years as a passage to our true home. For some it is a lot earlier and their passage home is a finite example for all of us in our considerations of life, longevity and accomplishments.

All passages are spiritually personal and emotionally wrenching for those left behind.

I accept the possibility that when I existed on the other side, before I incarnated into this time and density, I acknowledged that when I would transition back home I would have several opportunities of choice in my lifetime. Obviously some of which I rejected and one of which I will accept at some point in the future.

My life has been filled with wonderful and some dangerous adventures; any number of which could have been fatal, but that didn’t happen. I think we only go to the other side when we have finished what we came here to do. I know that that belief is inimical to many beliefs, but it is an empirically experiential truth for me because of the times I thought I might not be here in the next moment.

This is not a morbid thought for me. It is one blessed in wonder and a peaceful expectation.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation