Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve Day

Twas the day before New Years

And all over the world

The people were hoping

That love would unfurl.


As I sat in my chair

And wondered out loud

Could this be the time

When peace is avowed?


I looked at the headlines

And watched some TV.

It didn’t seem likely

I’m sure you’ll agree.


When out from the spirit

There came a great thought

If we change what we think

Could we change what we wrought?


The answer that came, was

The truth I am sure.

For beginnings and ends

Are often obscure.


So beware what you think

In life at this time.

Creation is simple

If thought is sublime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very true.

Lorelei said...

Thank you for this end of the year poem......it is very fitting!!!

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation