Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Pursuit of Truth

Here I go again! I cannot understand how some of my friends, acquaintances, and even people I don’t know are intellectually able to support a man who lies, accuses without fact, suggests malfeasance, intimidates and indicts with innuendo, and consistently changes his mind without regard to harm, hurt or humanity.

I try to understand. I read the reports. I apply historical context. I check the facts. I note the discrepancies, and I watch and listen as others ignore the facts because their frustration with Washington is so heightened that they cannot see a different future through the obscuring vapor of political rhetoric.

Anger with Washington and frustration over a partisan obstruction is one thing and sometimes righteous, but we cannot destroy the democratic citadel without a haven of compromise. Change always takes time. It takes focus. It takes a willingness to listen and a hard personal ability to put country over self.

I am not suggesting one candidate over another. I am suggesting that the pursuit of truth prevail, and the talisman of that truth be the imprimatur of all citizens in this election. Our future and the future of the world depends on it.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation