Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Mimics of Nature

Maybe it’s because I am getting older, but when I look nature I can find so many lessons of life.

I planted some Cosmos bipinnatus a few years ago and they have found their way into other parts of the garden. They are hardy, tall stemmed with colorful flowers and spindle-like leaves.
Clusters of flowers and buds in various stages of life exist on the lanky stems. It reminds me of human life.



You have the buds of birth and babies.



You have the vibrancy of youth.



The aging signs of senior life.



And finally there is only a memory of where the flower’s life had been.



It’s not that I need the reminder of how short our life span is. It’s just interesting how plants and human life mimic each other.

The bipinnatus comes back year after year. I suspect our spirit does too life after life; we just don’t remember.


No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation