Friday, October 11, 2013

Fan's Stupidity


I watched the pre-game programming before the New York Giants and the Chicago Bears football game last night.

There was one segment where a guy and a gal were talking about the game. Behind them were a bunch of fans that acted like court jesters. They were jumping up and down, making faces, yelling and waving their arms, all because they were on television.

What is it about being on television that makes some people go crazy? Don’t they realize how stupid they look? For the most part these are grown men and often women whose fifth grade inner child comes out without any parental supervision. Those of us who have to watch these childish antics are embarrassed for them, since they have no concept of how sophomoric they are and look.

Sorry, I just promoted them from fifth grade to 10th.

I think “fansmenship,” if there is such a word, is wonderful. I like supporting my team. I yell and jump up when my team is successful, but I do it at home and I would do it at a stadium, but not before the game and in front of a television camera behind the hosts offering commentary on the upcoming game.

Unfortunately you see this stupidity all to often when a television news station does what is called a “live shot.”

People, seemingly just walking by, suddenly do silly things because a camera is pointing in their direction.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Look at what happens when the cameras are on in the United States Congress.  

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation