Thursday, September 12, 2013

Commander Ken Wallis


An old acquaintance of mine died the other day. British Commander Ken Wallis was 97 year old. I flew with him at his home in Dereham, England when he was 89.

I wasn’t sure it was a good idea at the time, but I did it anyway.

He was part of a documentary I participated in about the history of the autogyro.

Commander Wallis flew 28 missions for the Royal Air Force over Germany, a very distinguished wartime career.

He spent much of his postwar life building and promoting the use of autogyros and became the stunt double for James Bond in the movie, “You Only Life Twice, flying “Little Nellie.”

If you’d like to see my flight, check out the video on my website and click on the video links. www.rollandgsmith.com.

It was great fun.



No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation