Monday, February 11, 2013

The Eucharist

This morning's post was inspired by a photograph from my friend Ellen Mann.

I've had it on my computer desktop for some time and then yesterday morning the muse struck and the result is a sonnet I've entitled, "The Eucharist."




© 2013 Rolland G. Smith

The Eucharist of light descends to all
Who choose to see its rays from deep within.
Beyond the leaves of doubt and pending fall 
There shines a knowing thought that must begin.
So many times in life we tread the path
Below the canopy of spirit’s light.
How many times have we ignored the lash
Of truth to stay as dogma’s parasite?
Live in the now beneath the orb of grace
And let all judgments go to where they end
And know that all we see, is in its place
Despite the fact we may not comprehend.
Rejoice my friends, the world’s bathed in love
We see it clearly, through the trees above.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation