Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Beyonce and Commercials


Another Super Bowl is over. If you watched it you missed some nice commercials and some terrible ones.

My poetic thoughts of the event.


Beyonce and the Ad's
© 2013 Rolland G. Smith

Both what I saw and what I liked
Were nowhere near each other.
Beyonce sang and sex was hyped
And reason lost its tether.

Why must the talent of today
Be loud with skin and fire?
They have the sound of grace arrayed
Within their sound's desire.

It’s time we heard the other side
Of loud and obscene tones
Where songs and softness oft provide
The elegance of thrones.

Some ad’s were crass and violent too
Devoid of humor’s charm.
The only two I felt were true
Was colt and horse and Harvey’s farm.

Let’s hope the “suits” heed what I’ve said
For ad’s in next year’s fray.
For I may choose to see instead
The puppy bowl at play.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation