Friday, July 20, 2012

What to do?


It’s Friday and usually I like to do poetry on Friday, but I did that yesterday so now I am stuck.
Ah…what to do?

I could get political and condemn the Russians and Chinese for vetoing the Security Council Resolution to intervene in Syria.

It doesn’t matter to the Russians and to the Chinese that thousands of innocent people are dying because they ( Russia and China )  have political interest with the Assad regime. If there is a karmic responsibility for countries then Russia and China you are in deep kimchi. It’s not my judgment, it’s your own. What you sow so also you reap.

I could also go to the gentler side of thoughts today and talk about the sunflower plants along the garden perimeter. There are nine plants that are nearly five feet tall. The tiniest plant, only about three feet tall already has a yellow flower to adorn its head. The rest, the big guys, are still working on it.

The old adage that the tiniest birds sing the prettiest songs seems to correlate into the tiniest plants have the prettiest flowers.

Never mind…poetry it is. This comes from a 2009 photograph from my Canadian photographer friend Claude Charlebois. It is a single tree on a dark landscape bathed in the only sunlight beams around. 

This is what I wrote when I saw the photo.

The Voice
© 2009 Rolland G. Smith

I heard a voice the other day
It simply said, “I love my trees.”
The sky had clouds in swirled gray
With beams of light that bent my knees.

I listened more to what was said:
“My trees are friends and teachers too
They are the key and spirit thread
To prove that life will all renew.

Tell all of those who wish to know
The love and light of Source Supreme,
The lesson from my trees will show
The Truth is clearer than your dream."



No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation