Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Laughter at Home


I’m wondering that when friends get together in different cultures do they laugh and kid and tease as we do in our American culture? Is it the same in social Jewish, Islamic, and Asian cultures?

I wonder, if in the other cultures, when friends get together do they tell the stories of old laughs or new jokes or even the old personal funny experiences that most had heard before, but because of the raconteur it is asked to be told again and again?

I think laughter is the universal connector to the commonality of the human spirit.

 I wish we could talk about the serious issues of needed global cooperation within a spirit of humor or an allegorical story that engenders a smile from an opposing or concretized component.

Individual homes are the genesis and oasis of laughter when friends get together. My home this past weekend was a perfect example. The combination of ten people for a dinner party, most of whom did not know the other, was a perfect combination for cultural amalgamation.

I acknowledge that I am fortunate to know a diverse number of people, many of whom I call friends.

I also acknowledge that shared laughter is not always a catalyst for understanding or even an avenue of adjudication for complex issues.

Laughter is only the beginning of understanding. It is only the icebreaker of frozen thought and potentially the warmth of possibilities.



No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation