Monday, March 12, 2012

Stepping Back


I received a gentle admonishment on one of my blog posts the other day.

A kind soul said, “more poetry please, less politics.”

I suppose he or she is right, we in the media do get caught up in the minutia of politics because it’s what’s happening, it’s what’s right now.

We do need to step back more often and look at the grace of life and living and continuously acknowledge its wonder.

As readers of this blog you know that I just got back from a skiing holiday. Standing on the summit in the cold crispness of altitude one can feel the mountain’s internal force. It has an energy that permeates the soul and reinforces the grandeur of life.

So for the person who said, “more poetry please, less politics,” this poem.



Skiing
© 2012 Rolland G. Smith

Within my glide on carpets white
There is the frame of lasting bright.
Where worries end and laughs begin
With nature’s breeze a violin.
Her music guides me in this joy
On ridges groomed in Corduroy.
So down the slope I slide and swoon
On melodies of nature’s tune.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation