Monday, April 6, 2009

Spirit









I am once again drawn to an emailed PowerPoint presentation with extraordinary photographs.

What do you see in the photograph of this child?

I offer a singular consideration.

O’ Innocence be thou forever vigilant and embrace my heart with the full empathy of life.

Let no one strike the thought from my mind as I age and grow and increase in the wonder of the universe.

Let me gaze upon the world each day as a child and accept the disappointments of life as spiritual growth and karmic experience. Disappointments are the seeds of wisdom and when planted in the furrowed thoughts of action they will sprout into forests of good works and flowers of needed compassion.

I know that within the experience and illusion of time there is the evidence of grace, the joy of expectation and the acceptance of truth in every smile, in every sigh and in every tear.

Let all us children acknowledge the Source, and the All That Is that gazes with love at our beginnings and endings for both are the unconditional gifts of the Divine.

Spirit Diver
© 1995 Rolland G. Smith

I saw my soul, before its birth,
Upon an image deep in space
And dove, from high, down to the earth
To breathe again the breath of race.

Through a tunnel I did steal
Into a womb of warmth and love.
A strange forgetting I did feel
While on the passage from above.

My leap was silent till my cry –
Awakening in birthing strife.
That must be when I said good-bye
And died into the new of life.

When I awoke with earthly breath
And density to comprehend.
I knew that birth is like a death.
Each is the same, there is no end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Let me gaze upon the world each day as a child and accept the disappointments of life as spiritual growth and karmic experience. Disappointments are the seeds of wisdom and when planted in the furrowed thoughts of action they will sprout into forests of good works and flowers of needed compassion"

Inspiring!!! thought provoking!!!

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation