Friday, June 23, 2017

Time-Out

A dear friend inquired about me since she had not seen new postings for several days.

I responded that I was taking a break from the chaos of America and focusing on beauty and peace. It is the Zen of non-attachment that filters the negative from daily conversations.

My professional training has been to observe, discern, inquire, write and report. In the December of my life, those awareness skills are heightened, and my conclusions are both sad and worrisome.

The political contention I observe in common America is infectious. It is fraying to the family fabric to the point of alienation, and it is assaulting the harmony of friendships.

I propose three steps to normalcy.

Our leaders, no matter who they are, must be far more cautious in the promulgation of fear and far more willing to listen and to be civil with sincerity and compassion.

All of us need a time out. Spend some time in nature and its inherent peace. Let the opiate of a flower’s fragrance sooth conflicting tensions. Let the caress of summer breezes bring joy to your heart. Look at the glory of sunset and know that all endings lead to a bright beginning.

And finally, acknowledge your spirituality. It is your life-force. Know that you are more than you think you are, and so is everyone else. There is no one path to God. All paths lead to the Divine. Red blood and salty tears are the same for all people, so too is laughter and smiles and the ability to love.



No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation