Friday, June 2, 2017

A fantasy

I happened to be walking outside yesterday, and I noticed Mother Nature talking to her flora and fauna. She was telling them about President Trump’s ill-advised decision to pull out of the Paris climate accords.

I introduced myself and asked if I could ask her a few questions. She said, “just a few, for I have the world’s nature to console and counsel.”

“Mother,” I said, “what is your reaction to this seemingly unilateral decision by the American President?”

She said, “Political men and women often make the wrong decisions where nature is concerned. So too do the ignorant by not believing the science. It is most often an appeasement to a small segment of a political base who deny the obvious, such as, that coal energy is over. Wind and solar energies are as certain as climate change. The ignorant would do well to plan for their children's future instead of yearning for the past.”

“Is there anything we can do,” I asked. “Pay attention to the signs,” she said. “Nature will not let the earth be destroyed by the greed and arrogance of humankind. Our storms and weather systems are increased to the level of man’s pollution, and they will get stronger as the need arises.”

Mother Nature turned to go and turned back with this profound warning. “Tell all those who will read and who will listen, that Nature is not something separate. Mankind is the nature he abuses.”

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation