Monday, June 12, 2017

It's getting hot...

Good Day All,

It was hot here yesterday, 92 at my place.

Today should be even warmer.

Here's something I wrote when it was winter.

 I looked it up and re-read it to see if I could feel a little cooler. Here it is from wintertime.

“This day is a draining, shivering cold. There is a frigid thunk to the wind chimes on the porch, not the usual resonate ring of atoms in easy motion. The chime sound is tight, quick and solid as if it is too hard and too stiff for even the ring to move beyond its source. Everything has a stillness about it except the wind, and it too shivers as it seeks the elusive warmth of icy friction”.

Then I remembered something I read in Readers Digest when I was a teenager. It was something like this: "The pond shivered itself to ice." What a great image.

I will read this several times today to see if I get cooler.

Stay cool.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation