Thursday, July 28, 2016

Convention Observations

I haven’t watched, and I have. I’ve seen some speeches and some demonstrations. Some speeches were too long and some too short. Some were powerful, some weak, some inspiring, some not. I’ve come to realize that conventions, or gatherings, and even the actions of Congress are not the epitomes of our essence; they are only echoes, reflections and often dark shadows of our collective selves.

Americans, as a whole, are passionate, reflective, courageous, intelligent and ignorant until the truth is presented fairly, clearly and without prejudice, but it takes time for facts to percolate through the brew of fiction. All convention speeches are tinged with hopes and wishes and degradations of the opponent and are speckled with statements without truth. It is the way of politics.

Personally, I can’t wait for the rhetoric to end. I can’t wait for the election to be over. I can’t wait to see what American wisdom chooses for our future and the future of our children.

It is a choice of great responsibility.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation