Monday, September 14, 2015

Observations

I hope to get back to posting on a regular basis commenting on the world condition in a few days. In the meantime, I need to stay personal. I am processing the passing of my Annie. I do so, not with monumental grief, but that certainly is part of it; I do so with an emptiness that I have never experience before. For the past 51 plus years I have always thought of things, events, dinners, travel and conversation in two’s or more when the kids were young, now it’s so surprisingly different.

I talk to the dog and to Annie, but there is no dialogue. Strange.

I also do know there are little signs that the departed are able to present to us and if we are attuned or acceptant of it and if we can get past the blanket of grief we will see or hear these moments of connection between here and there.

I notice being alone a lot more. Not loneliness, but alone. There is big difference between the two. Alone is being comfortable with yourself. Loneliness is needing another to feel complete.

I also continue to thank all of you who have responded to my posts or in email in sympathetic and compassionate ways. Thank you, your comments are comforting and appreciated.

More later.

RGS

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation