Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hearing Aids

To all my readers who are hard of hearing.

To anybody who is hard of hearing.

I have been hard of hearing for at least fifteen years and have resisted getting hearing aids until recently.

I was thoroughly tested by a technician at the Costco store-hearing center near my area. I understand that Costco has these centers in their stores all over the country.

Through the years I have been tested by other hearing centers and never to the extent that I was at Costco. Obviously I never did purchase anything before my test at Costco, but truly this test was the most extensive and professional I’d ever received.

I didn’t need a test to tell me that I needed hearing aids; that was very clear to my family and friends. I did need a test to tell me in what frequencies my hearing lost of most acute.

Anyway, I now know and I am delighted with the result. I’ve been wearing the aids for a day and half as of this post. I am hearing things I had forgotten long ago: the heater fan in the car, the sound of water running, rattle’s that I must check out, the sound of my feet on the gravel as I walked the dog, the typewriter keys as I type this post, The television and precious conversations with friends and family.


If you are hard of hearing go and check out the options. I know they all are expensive, but it is worth it.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation