Wednesday, August 14, 2013

National Nothing Day


Have your ever done just nothing?

Many years ago one of my assignments as a television news reporter was to do a feature  story on National Nothing Day. How do you do nothing and tell a story?

I thought about at my desk for awhile. I decided on a two sentence story with a lot of video of me doing nothing. The opening line was, " Today is National Nothing Day so join me as I do nothing in interesting places."

The first place I did nothing but stand and look around was on top of the Delacorte Clock in Central Park.





The second place I did nothing was climbing up the wide cable on the George Washington Bridge.




The third place I did nothing was standing on a walkway underneath the TappanZee bridge.




My closing sentence of the story was a line from a Kris Kristopherson song, "Nothin ain't worth nothin, but its free."

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation