Monday, January 21, 2013

The Power of Art


My friend and neighbor Keith Lewis is a professional jewelry designer and artist. Check out his studio. www.keithlewisstudiio.com. He has created for me a magnificent pendant that I will treasure.



Some of you know that trees are my connection to nature particularly the Sequoia. They remind me of our human community.

These trees are often over a thousand years old and grow to 300 feet tall, yet the root system of a single tree rarely extends below eight feet. That’s hardly enough strength to keep them from falling.
Community keeps them upright.

Their roots intertwine with other redwoods in a community called a grove. The roots of the grove interconnect to other groves and an exponential strength evolves as each tree helps the other stand erect in grace against fire, storm and time.

Not a bad lesson for us humans.

My friend knows of my affinity for these trees and all trees for that matter and his creation amplifies, not only his talent, but also my appreciation of nature. Keith also knows that the logo of the Post Ranch Inn nestled among the Redwoods in Big Sur, California is also my favorite for it symbolizes these great trees.

At my request he adopted their logo to his pendant creation.

Thank you Keith, its power will be with me forever.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation