Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Day


Ok, I'm old...let me admit that at the outset.

I'm looking at the ABC countdown to the New Year live from Times Square and I am really out of it. AND I like being out of it. I've been around for seven decades and I've experience some wonderful music from the fifties, sixties, seventies, eighties, nineties and little beyond.

I thought Justin Bieber was terrible. He can't sing. He's just cute for the younger unsophisticated set that has yet to appreciate real music. I liked the gal who sings "Call Me Maybe."  Carly Rae Jepson is talented and fun to watch.

The early part of the live program was a magnificent tribute to the longevity and tenure of host Dick Clark who passed in 2012. There were snippets from performances from his guests on American Dance Band and elsewhere. They were the great and near great over the last fifty years. Michael Jackson, Madonna, ABBA, and The Supremes.

I was not impressed with one of the hostesses from Hollywood whos only on camera stance and presence was her hand on her hip. Jenny McCarthy from New York was fine.

Ryan Seacrest just came on and I am going off. I won't see the Waterford Crystal Ball drop again this year, but I know it does.

I hope all of you who tune into this blog every so often have a Happy New Year and may all your wishes come true.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation