Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Innauguration


I watched the Presidential inauguration yesterday and once again I am impressed with the pomp and ceremony of the event.

The planning was immense and it seemed to come off on television without a flaw.

I’ve been highly critical over the last few years of the contention between political parties in Congress and even though differences continue and will no doubt flair in the next four years, yesterday’s camaraderie was a sweet breath of hope.

It seems to be our human nature to criticize people and ideas and we do it with zeal and glee.

I wonder what would happen if none of us did that for an experimental length of time? I wonder what would happen if instead of sniping and snipping we chose to offer positive thoughts for consensus and compromise? I wonder if we sustained those thoughts long enough if the energy engendered by our collective manifestation would change us?

I will hold that vision and perhaps someday it will happen.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation