Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mother

Today would have been the 100th birthday of my Mother. Somehow that's a significant number and it  encourages me to acknowledge my own aging.

Most of us have fond and powerful memories of our Mothers. They are our first care giver and nurturer and  in many ways our first protector, teacher and disciplinarian.

I remember.....

A kiss hello and a kiss good-bye.
A hug when I was hurting, even when I was an adult.
Understanding, when she didn’t.
Worry when she needn’t.
Bragging when she shouldn’t
Giving when she couldn’t.
And I will always remember her smile.

I remember too, her happy tears and laughter and her unconditional love for me that came with every hope, every success and every failure.

Ethel Collins Smith, Happy 100th birthday.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation