Monday, November 14, 2016

Election Thoughts

Good Morning!

I have refrained from posting for a few weeks to keep my sanity at the end of the election process. To say the least, I was surprised at the result and disappointed, but the collective electorate has spoken, and I will abide by the result. It is the way of our Republic.

When Benjamin Franklin exited the Continental Congress, he was asked by a passer-by, “What have you giving us, Mr. Franklin?” He answered, “A republic if you can keep it.”

For those of us who have been around a bit longer than the millennials, this has been the most divisive and ruthless election in recent memory, but I don’t need to tell you that. I hope it does not portend a future of such discourteous skirmishes.

Under our system of governing, Mr. Trump is now our President. He will remain our President until such time that he does something so egregious that he is impeached or until the electorate votes him out of office.

My hope is that his executive choices do not lead us into and leave us with a kakistocracy.


We have two options when change is inevitable. We can be a victim of it or we can be a participant in it. I will participate in our Democracy because I believe it is the best form of government that society has found so far. I will continue to speak out if I disagree with him, but for now I will think good and positive thoughts for the success of Mr. Trump’s Presidency. If he succeeds, so do we.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation